NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WE HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
janpatekquiltsinc@gmail.com.
Please send all emails to that address

Monday, April 20, 2009

Taking a Break


I just read in Laurie Simpson's blog that she's all primed and waiting for the UPS truck to bring her fabric so she can start sewing.  I'm envious.  Edie McGinnis and I are doing the Block of the Month for the KC Star for 2010.  We're both really excited about it.  Right now, however, I'm at the stage where I'm drawing all the patterns into my computer so I can print them out.  Then we get to play with the fabric.  And this morning I did the pattern layout for the kit we send out in May.  So I'm taking a break for awhile.  I was standing at the kitchen sink looking out the window.  The birdfeeders are mostly empty by this time of day so there aren't many birds there either - just one lone chicken.  Well - after all she is a bird!  We have a couple of rabbits that come out from the trees behind the fence and eat the corn that drops beneath the bench.  

















I think that's why rabbits have been showing up in my quilts the last few years.  Oh and I put in this picture of "Miss Tabitha Twitchet".  I got it out to put on the loveseat in the kids TV room for spring.  I didn't notice it when I made it but the Liberty Garden fabric I used for the borders has eagles in it.  Poor rabbit - living in a quilt all of her life with an eagle beside her.   










Well, I'd better get back to the computer.  Edie's coming up Wednesday and we get to sew.  And I am doing my applique on my pineapple quilt for Market so there's something to look forward to each night and morning.  Happy quilting, ladies.

5 comments:

  1. Love the new quilt! so any hints on the 2010 bom????
    hopefully it will be a book at the end of the year for those of us who can't get the KCStar newspaper!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe they're going to sell patterns while it's going on too. I can't get the Star either. They won't come onto gravel to deliver it. They'll drop it off at the blacktop 2 miles away and we can go get it. Not my idea of fun. Anyway, I'll ask Edie how much we can give away in the realm of hints. I will tell you it's called "Across the Wide Missouri". Don't think I'll get in trouble for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that flower wreath quilt! The sashings are just as pretty as the applique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. It's a favorite of mine, and that says a lot since it's a repeat block. But sometimes they're just what's needed on a bed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan,
    So glad to see you blogging......You will really enjoy it alot.I am a big fan of your patterns....so keep em coming.

    ReplyDelete