NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WE HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
janpatekquiltsinc@gmail.com.
Please send all emails to that address

Thursday, January 31, 2013

"Snug as a Bug"

It is always so interesting - weatherwise - to live in Missouri.  I think this is where all the weather patterns come and swirl and change.  This is what we awakened to yesterday morning.


This and no electricity.  It was Pep's night off so he awakened at 6:00 when his C-pap turned off.


I got to sew by candlelight - without my coffee.  The last big snowstorm we had it took Pep 3 hours (usually an hours drive) to get home. We were wondering if he might have to stay in town.  And the electricity kept going off and back on.

 

We do have a fireplace in the center of the house with a woodburning stove in the fireplace.  But we didn't have any wood.
This time we have wood.
And if the electricity hadn't come back on around 8:30 we could have had a toasty fire and made coffee the campfire way.


As it was I survived without the coffee and kept pretty toasty sitting under my 
We've got it on special this week anyway in honor of President's Day next month but it sure came in handy this week.


It is still January now though and we're mailing out the first block of this year's Mystery Quilt, Sleigh Bells.


As usual each year some people need to drop out of the club.  (There are only so many projects we can do at once even if we are superquilters.)


The good news is that even if it saddens us to say goodbye to some customers for awhile, it leaves room for new ones.  
We did have a few slots open up so if you want to join the fun, email Tori at janpatekquilts@yahoo.com or call her at 816-632-7632.
Members - be sure to check your email each month for your invoice.  Unless we charge your credit card automatically, you'll need to go to Paypal and pay so we can ship your block.  You don't want to miss a single month.  

Now to finish up designing the Featured Fabric Quilt that starts in March.  The last one was a Christmas (Burgundy & green) quilt for my bed.  I think this one will be a Spring and Summer one.  Can you tell I'm in the mood for Spring? 

4 comments:

  1. We haven't gotten much snow, but lots of rain this week, so can't complain.
    A nice quilt and a warm fire, sounds like a good way to spend the day. I emailed you with a question, want to start working on the bible quilt, think it will be a nice winter project.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that snow! Beautiful. We have hot & very dry conditions here in New Zealand, our Australian neighbours have been having a tough run with fires & flooding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan, our snow has now gone and we have been getting lots of rain-I don't mind as I don't feel guilty sitting stitching.
    Could you please check I am on the new BOM, I have emailed numerous times and my details have not been requested yet.
    Look forward to hearing from you,
    Shazy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Audra's iris garden, and the little house! My email is raylynn@homemail.com. I would Ike the title house,
    Thanks,
    Marca

    ReplyDelete