NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WE HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
janpatekquiltsinc@gmail.com.
Please send all emails to that address

Monday, December 9, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like ………..

Christmas -----


Outside . . .


and inside.


I decided to hang Folk Art Favorites in the foyer this year.  It's not strictly a Christmas quilt but it's rich colors and imagery just said Christmas to me right now.  It was designed by me and my friend Sandy Klop, now known as Moda's American Jane.  And the books are on special this month.   


And Jake's Rudolph quilt is on the back of my quilting chair.  It's in the book Up on the Rooftop.
(And for some reason the book pages come up really slowly - but they do come up.) 
So slowly but surely the house starts looking like Christmas and winter.


Only about a week and a half ago, this is what the living room looked like - not for long - but periodically through the day.
(Need I say it was deer season and the girls made it safely through again this year.)


Which made me think of showing you this.  This is Block #1 of the 2014 Mystery Quilt in progress - parts still missing.  I don't think showing you just this will spoil the Mystery.  The quilt is called "Fall Festival" so that and the pumpkin should give you a hint.  
If you're in the club now, you're automatically signed up for next year so you don't miss a single block. If you don't have time right now to do another BOM, please email Tori at janpatekquilts@yahoo.com and let her know so we can open your slot for someone else.  We usually have a waiting list.
Tori has asked me to say that if anyone is missing a block to please let her know now.  We're shipping out the end of 2013 and would like to get everyone caught up.

We also filmed another tutorial last Friday so it should be going up sometime in the near future.  
Busy, busy, busy.

Saturday we go cut a Christmas tree - it's coming!


11 comments:

  1. love the beginning of your Merry Season Jan!
    and your quilts are gorgeous :)
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lori. The best of holidays to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look beautiful. Such a different look here, we have a summer drenched New Zealand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want to say that I love your work and this past weekend I just sat down and tried my hand at needle turn applique and absolutely love it. Your tutorials are so clear and easy to follow. Now I am planning on making my Christmas tree skirt this weekend inspired by your lovely homespun fabrics and a nod to the wonderful primitive stars that you create. I will post a picture when I am finished. I look forward to more of your work as it becomes available. I just picked up the cabin pillow because it looks so much like the cabin that I currently live in, in the Carolina mountains. God bless and Merry Christmas!
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got a little snow and lots of rain, but tomorrow we may get more, glad I got my shopping done.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jan, I ordered your "Natalie's Baskets" kit November 23rd and I have not as yet received it. Could you check on it for me?, thanks Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julierose - We do show an order for Natalie's Quilt on Nov. 23 and it shows up as shipped. Of course the name is now Julierose so I'm not sure it's you. Do you live in Ct?

      Delete
    2. Yes--Julierose is my blog name...thank you for checking on i for me..and, yes,I live in the now frigid CT (no ho-ho-ho's here right now!! LOL hugs, Julierose

      Delete
  7. Hi Jan, I have contacted Tori a couple of times now to let her know that I am still missing the September Mystery Block. Thanks. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check on it for you. Would the order be for RitaJo or is that just your blog name?

      Delete
  8. So many beautiful projects there. I see you have some snow. It is supposed to be summer here in Australia but we have only had at least 3 summerish days so far. It is still more like spring.

    ReplyDelete