NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WE HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
janpatekquiltsinc@gmail.com.
Please send all emails to that address

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Moda Blockheads - Block 25

Friendship Star by Lynn of Kansas Troubles


To get the pattern for her block 
go to her blog by clicking here.

I just love star blocks, don't you.

Lets see, the question for today is 

"In the 20 years you've been making quilts, 
what is the product invention that makes you happiest?"

No doubt about it - Freezer Paper.
It makes the whole appliqué process so much easier and is great for piecing too.

And I really have been designing and making quilts for over 20 years.  My first fabric line with Moda came out in 1996 and it takes a good year to go through the process so I probably started in in l995.
When I first started making quilts - back when the dinosaurs roamed, as my grandchildren say - we cut templates out of manila folders.  We then found templastic which was a lot easier to see through and finally freezer paper.  I still want to know which brilliant woman figured out that if you iron it to fabric it will stick.  In all probability it was the wife or mother of a farmer or a hunter.

Since Freezer Paper Appliqué is what I do, I just happen to have filmed a
tutorial on my method which you can watch by clicking here.

And now lets to go the other designer's blogs to see their blocks and their favorite products.


Have a great week ladies and meet me back here next Wednesday for Week #26 of the Moda Blockheads BOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment