NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WE HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
janpatekquiltsinc@gmail.com.
Please send all emails to that address

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Moda Blockheads Block #29- Juneau

By Lisa Bongean
To get the pattern for her awesome block click here.
Wow Lisa, Wow!


And since some people need more than 48 blocks and there
have been requests for more appliqué I designed
this timely little acorn block.
To get the pattern for it click here


I'll give you a few simple directions in a minute but first I want to tell you
about this amazing appliqué tool I found at Spring Market.


It's called a Lap App and I love mine.
It comes with a cover as well as a pattern for the cover so you can make your own.
Since mine sits on the table next to my chair, I picked a rather quiet fabric.


It has places for 3 spools of thread and a little magnet for your needles - or pins - or small scissors



And adjusts to tilt to the angle just right for what you're working on.


Underneath the cover is a sandpaper section for marking around your 
freezer paper patterns.


Once I've done that I basted down the top edges of the acorn body


and basted under the edges of the stem.


Then I basted under the top edge of the acorn top
and stitched the bottom of the stem in place.


I also trimmed back the edges of the top 
to make it easier to turn under
and appliqued it to the acorn body.


Then I appliqued my little acorn to the background
and we're ready for Fall.
If you want a Lap App you can order one by clicking here.  
Sometime you have to click on the word "store" at the top right to get the page to load.


I didn't have time to make a little quilt this time but do need to announce the 
winner of the drawing for the little pumpkin quilt and hanger.

And the winner is..........

Such a cute pattern. It would be fun to win!
Barb, please  Email Tammie at janpatekquilts@centurylink.net 
and give her your snail mail address 
so we can ship your little kit and hanger.


And we can't forget September Fest this weekend - Friday and Saturday from 10:00 - 4:00.
I mistakenly said Thursday and Friday in the blog last week so if that's the only time you can come, come anyway.  We'll be in the middle of preparations but what the hey!
We're having door prizes and fabric.  Kits and fabric.  Patterns and fabric.  Scrap bags and fabric.  I think you get the idea.

And we'll have tours of the house and the antiques and quilts in it.
So come to

September Fest September 22-23rd at 10170 NW Last Dr. 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Directions. If you're coming from North or South on 1-35 go East on Highway 36 for 1 1/2 miles to Sale Barn Road. Turn right on Sale Barn. If you're coming from Hamilton on 36 it's about 10 1/2 miles from Hamilton to Sale Barn Road and you turn left on Sale Barn. Take Sale Barn south for approximately 6 miles until you come to a T - which is Last Dr. Turn right & we're the first house on the left- (look for the balloons) 
Come up the drive to the barn.  



And for those of you who live too far away to come, just order something (a package of needles, anything - and we'll send you a free pattern. Wish you could all be here.

Now lets visit the other designers and see what they did with Lisa's block Juneau.

Lynne -


Have a great week ladies and meet me back here next Wednesday for Week #30 of the Moda Blockheads BOW.


12 comments:

  1. Cute little acorn, Jan, thank you!
    I so wish I could come to your fest. Have a lot of fun, lovely weather and many visitors!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun tour- wish I lived closer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could come to the tour this weekend alas I live to far away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I lived closer. Hope you have a great turn out
    Paula in Sd

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love a touch of applique on a quilt! All charm! Thanks for sharing. I am a little too far to attend the festival, have great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jan, wish I could be there, but, not this time. Love your patterns and tutorials.
    Blessings
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet we are missing a great time! Jmh

    ReplyDelete
  8. wish I lived closer...thanks for the free pattern (I just ordered from your site!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wish I could be there for your September Fest. Your patterns and quilts are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I purchased the "app lap" some time ago and love it. I did make one adjustment to it. I found that when I used it on my lap it sometimes moved so I attached a piece of felt (purchased as felt squares from JoAnne's). I attached it with Scotch Fastener Dots. Now my app lap doesn't move on me and is more comfortable with this light padding.

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's the first time I have seen the Lap App, I want one! Putting on my Christmas list now :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jan, I loved doing your little acorn block. Could you design a little squirrel for a future alternate block?

    ReplyDelete