NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WE HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
janpatekquiltsinc@gmail.com.
Please send all emails to that address

Monday, December 25, 2017

Moda Blockheads - Block #42 - at long last

Turnstile by
Carrie Nelson


Made from my Coral Bells fabric line
To download the pattern
go to Moda's blog by clicking here.

Two weeks ago today I drove Pep to the Pain Clinic at Research Hospital in
Kansas City, Mo. to get an epidural for his hip which had been injured at work.
They took his vital signs and instead of giving him the epidural,  the doctor
wheeled Pep to the other end of the hospital to the emergency room.
His heart rate was 186 - around 3 times what it should have been.
They got the heart rate down to normal, gave him a prescription
and told him to monitor the rate.  The next morning the heart rate was back up.
We got the prescription filled as soon as we could
but his heart rate stayed high even with the medication so we went back to the hospital.
I should mention here that Pep works at Research (an hour from our home)
and has for over 30 years.

To make a long story short, 10 days and 2 surgeries later we came back home.
Pep had excellent care and we want to thank all of the doctors and nurses involved.
I drove back and forth almost every day except for a few days when I
stayed at the home of our son Max and his wife Valerie who live in Kansas City
relatively close to the hospital.  Mostly I had to drive back and forth
because of the animals until our grandson Jake finished finals at
UMKC.  You can board dogs and cats but not chickens.

I had called Carrie Nelson at Moda to let her know what was going on
 and sent her the picture of Block 42 which she published on Moda's blog.  

BUT we have some catching up to do.
I need to have the Random Number Generator pick a winner
for the Lilac Ridge precut.
I'll announce that winner on Wednesday when I post Block #43.

And I should let you all know that in here somewhere Tammy's brother died
and while I had to be in Kansas City at the hospital,
she was in Wichita, Ks. at a funeral.
It hasn't been a very good month for us.

We're all back safe and sound now and hopefully up and running again.

And for me at least, appreciative of all your thoughts and prayers
and of our God who receives and answers them.


Merry Christmas from our homes to yours.






9 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Pep is doing well, not something you want to have to go through especially at Christmas. My Christmas 101 is hanging in my living room, I love it. We had bad news, also, my Mom passed away on the 20th. We will do the funeral later this week. It was not unexpected, but not something we wanted to have happen either. Enjoy the rest of your holidays and tell your hubby to rest and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and really sorry for your loss. Let's all pray for healing in the New Year.

      Delete
  2. Mery Christmas to you and your family and I hope that 2018 will start better for you then 2017 ended. I'm glad to hear that Pep is doing okay again. My mom will have soe heart surgery on Jan, 2nd I hope everything will go okay.
    Please tell Tammy that I'm sorry for her loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prayers and Hugs and we'll be thinking of you on the 2nd.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow! What a lot on your plate. Hope things are on the upswing now. Glad that your husband is feeling better.

    A healthy 2018!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Charlotte. We had a hectic Christmas but things are getting back to normal now. As normal as they can be when he has to be on oxygen but a lot more normal than the last 2 weeks. Appreciate you thoughts and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Charlotte. We had a hectic Christmas but things are getting back to normal now. As normal as they can be when he has to be on oxygen but a lot more normal than the last 2 weeks. Appreciate you thoughts and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man oh man! So sorry to hear all you & your family have been through lately but am rejoicing that the future is looking much brighter! Here's to a healthy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your new decorative designs! it's so beautiful so much and good idea on site.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete