NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WE HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
janpatekquiltsinc@gmail.com.
Please send all emails to that address

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

It took awhile to get here

But It's still May:)


And this is Audra's Iris Garden.
The iris came from my Grandmother Laird's garden.
When we moved into our house in Kansas City Grandma Laird
(Audra) brought some to our house and planted them.
Years later when we moved my mother up to Cameron, we brought some of the Iris
and planted them at my house and at my sister Nancy's house.

Last week our oldest son Brian moved into the house he and his wife 
Shannon had built at the north edge of Kansas City.


Here's the quilt block I'm working on from my pattern "3 Houses" out of 
Betsy Chutchian's line "Harriet's Handwork".
This is their daughter Brooke (you can tell it's Brooke by the yellow hat).


And this is the fence that our son Max planted this spring at the edge of his 
property in Kansas City after his privacy fence blew down.
(At the moment it's quite a bit smaller but Thuja trees grow quickly)
In August, we will transplant some of Grandma Laird's Iris at both Brian and Max's houses.
She was a wonderful woman and her heritage will live on through her beautiful iris.


And this is Audra's Iris Garden - 
my tribute to her made out of my fabric line of the same name.
The BOM pattern is on sale for 50% off this week.
You can buy it by clicking here.

Be sure and come back each week.  
It's almost time for Moda Blockheads 2.





3 comments:

  1. Now that's a beautiful fence! I'm going to have to see if they are available in my area. I also love iris....a friend of ours just gifted us with some from his garden. I told him that "shared flowers" are so much prettier than purchased flowers...because they bloom with memories of the person that gifted them to us! :-)
    Looking forward to Blockheads II....I just might stitch along with this one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fence! Beautiful garden

    ReplyDelete
  3. I very much like your pattern it's beautiful,thank for sharing good i dea !

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete