NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WE HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
janpatekquiltsinc@gmail.com.
Please send all emails to that address

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Spring quilts celebrated

Starting the Day with 

Spring Applique

I know I said that I would show

you the back of the table stand quilt

this week but I decided to change the


front instead.  I know most baskets are
brown but this one isn't now.


And while I was changing the fabric on
the basket, Mill Creek Hearts and Stars
came back from the quilters.
I am truly blessed.
For years Lori Kukuk worked her
magic on my quilts.  Unfortunately she
cannot do custom quilting at the
moment.  Instead she needs to take 
care of herself and her hands.
Thank you so much Lori for all of the 
beauty you added to my quilts and be 
sure to take care.


And we have found a stupendous quilter
named Jan Yamamoto who lives close
and does equally awesome work.


Here's a couple of close ups of her work
on Mill Creek.

Our vintage book this month is
Festival of Life and
this is the quilt of the same name.


The Garden Basket pillow from
the book is on my couch as we speak.


Be sure to grab one of the these books
at half price if you don't already have it.
You can get one by clicking here.


This is Beeskep and Violets and we're finally
getting it out as our Easter present to you -
at 40% off.  Just click at the same place here 
to get yours.


And this is Patchwork Garden by Janice Black.
If I remember correctly she made it for her
daughter.  Lovely work.  Thanks you.



I've been playing with the blocks for 
the Sew Along that we'll start in June 
and having lots of purple fun. 
 As I said earlier, I've been
wanting to do a purple and cream quilt
and this seems to fit the bill.
Thanks Susan for this great book.

Meanwhile, however, I have to take
a small break.  A CAT scan last week
showed a subdural hematoma.  Tomorrow 
morning my excellent neurosurgeon will remove
the hematoma and drain some fluid that's
pressing on my brain.

Sooooo.....I won't be blogging for probably
the next couple of weeks.
I did, however, get the four 6" blocks for
the back of my Tablestand ready to take
with me to give me something to
stitch.  :)

Be sure and send me pictures,
See you in a couple of weeks ladies
and
Keep Quilting.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment