NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WE HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
janpatekquiltsinc@gmail.com.
Please send all emails to that address

Friday, February 5, 2010

Across the Wide Missouri


This is "Across the Wide Missouri" the Kansas City Star BOM for 2010 designed by Edie McGinnis and myself. Edie and I each made the quilt out of different fabrics from the "Blessings" line Linda and I designed. This is my version of the quilt.



The patterns for one of the blocks will be in the KC Star on the 3rd Tuesday of each month as well as some information on a woman who lived during the frontier period. These histories are written by Edie and are really fascinating. So you get to make a great quilt and learn a lot about some of the women who settled this part of the country. Both quilts and some projects to go with them will be in a book that will come out this fall. Meantime you can make a block each month if you get the paper. If you're unable to get the Tuesday Star for that months block, you can go to the Pickledish website and order either the individual pattern for $7.00 or download a pdf for $3.00. Be sure to click on our "Across the Wide Missouri" and then go to the month you want.

9 comments:

  1. I really like the pattern. I like the baskets and the rooster, very nice. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pattern and wonderful fabric choices.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this quilt. Doing it through Saltbox Primitive Woolens in Warsaw. Great fun.

    katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful quilt! I really love all the elements and color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all. And I have to get my berries blog in a tutorial section before the beeskep and blackberry blocks. The blackberry ( or raspberry block) was Edies and the beeskep with the lupine was my answer. :) We had a lot of fun designing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great quilt. Fun to look at all the different things on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG - I love this one! Geez, another on the to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this quilt Jan.. and everything else you do for that matter... you are such an inspiration that after I take a look at your blog or website, it makes me want to go pick up a needle and quilt NOW!! Lynn fr IL

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, the quilt is so nice........and to get history at the same time with a pattern. Jan do you know anyone that would buy a paper for me and mail them to me....I would pay....I'm down in Louisiana...I could buy the patterns but I would not get the history the articles would give. Please let me know. A Fan.....Karla in Louisiana

    ReplyDelete