NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WE HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
janpatekquiltsinc@gmail.com.
Please send all emails to that address

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

WELL, FOR PETE'S SAKE - DON'T HELP

If you get an email that says this



Hi,

  Just writing to let you know our trip to Spain Madrid   has been a mess. I was having a great time until last night when we got mugged and lost all my cash, credit card and cell phone It has been a scary experience, I was hit at the back of my neck with a club. Anyway.I'm still alive and that's whats important. I'm financially strapped right now and need your help. I need you to loan me some $$, I'll refund it to you as soon as i arrive home.Please let me know what you can do 

Sincerely, 
Byron Patek
Jan Patek Quilts 


Ignore it please.  We're not in Madrid - didn't get mugged.
Someone hacked into our Yahoo account apparently and got all of our addresses.  Thanks to all of you who alerted us.
Just one more crazy thing.

9 comments:

  1. Oh Jan...what a mess! I shall stop and say a prayer for you all in this challenging time. You may want to consider another avenue of email account. I've had a Gmail account for years and have never been hacked. God bless you! Hang in there! Jeremiah 29:11

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan..That happened to my mom here in Calif. She is 90. They said they were in jail in canada and needed money to get home.claimed to be a attorney of her grandson. It is in our paper and on the radio alot. Glad your safe and not in Madrid. Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!that's scary! I hope nobody sent the money. Sorry you had to go through that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is always a pain, happened to me last month, weird people!!!
    Glad all is well. I'd send you money if you needed it, maybe you would bring me a trinket for the trouble.
    Cheers, you keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is too funny, I felt so bad for you, as I read it but couldn't believe you would ask for money, lol. Then I noticed what it was really about. Well, I am glad it was a lie and you are ok, sad what hackers will do.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That happened to a friend of mine last fall. It was the same exact email and it was supposedly sent by her husband who had died the week before. I felt really bad for her having to deal with that in the middle of her grief.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad I didn't get the email, would be thinking what the heck you're doing when you should be getting ready for market . Wonder why people do this, like who would send money without checking. Just want to slap them. Thinking you need a computer intervention.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonder where the money would have gone.

    ReplyDelete