NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WE HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
janpatekquiltsinc@gmail.com.
Please send all emails to that address

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Moda Blockheads Block #17


Trail of Tears
by Lisa Bongean
made from fabrics from my 
Castlewood (Cream)
Hawthorne Ridge (Barn red)
and
Fern Hill (moss)
fabric lines.


To download the pattern for Trail of Tears click here
and to go to Lisa's blog for tips and tricks click here.

And don't you just love this little block stand I found in the Ackfield booth at Market.  I think it's just the thing to showcase our blocks before  they go into the larger settings. I ordered some then and there.  To get one of your own click here.  

Now to back up a couple of weeks and answer a question or two.
"Is there a quilter whose work always inspires you?"  
She's no longer with us but my friend and cohort Linda Brannock's quilts always inspired me and got me thinking.
We would start with an idea and she would say "and then we could....", and I would say "yes and then we could"..... and the ideas would jump back and forth and build geometrically instead of in a straight line.  We truly designed some wonderful quilts together.
I miss her.
I have worked with some major designers and have had great times and great quilts working with them - and no one else's mind clicked with mine the way Linda's did.


And speaking of outside influences - my latest Tablestand was inspired by Anna Coselli who
made her Moda Blockhead Beeskep Block this way.  
I emailed and got her permission to use her Blockhead idea in my summer Tablestand 
"Birds and Bees"
and am sending her a kit.


The Tablestand quilts have a front and a back so you can put them where they can be seen from both sides.
You can order one by clicking here.

Now let's go see what the other designers have done with Lisa's block.

Lynne -

Have a great week ladies and meet me back here next Wednesday for Week #18 of the Moda Blockheads BOW.




8 comments:

  1. A beautiful block 17 and I love that little table stand quilt! Have a great week, Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks
    Love seeing all of the variations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have the Table stand club kits gone out yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to tell you, Jan, that I received two lovely patterns in the mail from you today. Thank you so much. They are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing!
    Thank for your very good article...!

    บอลพรุ่งนี้

    ReplyDelete