NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WE HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
janpatekquiltsinc@gmail.com.
Please send all emails to that address

Thursday, March 28, 2024

Happy Girl Gang Wednesday

On Thursday again  :)

I'm getting good at this ...

Pep worked for Health Midwest for years 

First at Baptist Hospital where he was a

Security Supervisor and when it closed he

transferred to Research Hospital.  Altogether, 

between the 2 hospitals he worked there for around

35 years.  He was on the Midnight Shift where he could either

have a very quiet night or a very active and sometimes

violent night. Dealing with people on PCP can be interesting .

 For those of you who don't know Kansas

City, both hospitals are close to "the hood".  

When he fell and collapsed a lung, we called 911 and they

took him to the hospital in Cameron who said he needed to

go to a larger hospital as they weren't equipped to handle it so

we life flighted him to Research.  I think I have already

said that he was in intensive care for 2 weeks before he

went to join Jesus in heaven.

On April 9th at 3:00 pm, Research is having a 

"Celebration of Life" memorial for him.  I've notified the men

that worked with him and Zoie and I will go too.  The boys have already

taken so much time off that they will wait for the memorial we will

have here.  I'll tell you about that later.  For right now, I any of you 

want to come, just let Tammy know so I can inform Research as they're

providing munchies.

Someone once said - "In order to be happy you need 3 things -

1.  Someone to love

2. Something to do and

3. Something to look forward to"

I lost my #1, I do have my quilting and eventually I will

join him in heaven.  I did promise Zoie that it would be

quite awhile from now though.

For right now - we do have a kit on sale this week, one 

of my spring favorites.

It's Beeskeps and Violets 

and you can go to the store to get your copy 

by clicking here.

Now, have the best week with the people and the 
quilts that you love, and I'll see you next week.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be there with you in my thoughts, dear Jan! I love you. Sending big hugs and continued prayers for comfort across the pond my friend ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. Hugs, prayers, and love

    ReplyDelete