NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WE HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
janpatekquiltsinc@gmail.com.
Please send all emails to that address

Thursday, April 11, 2024

Happy Girl Gang Wednesday 2

Years ago I read somewhere that you

              need 3 things in life to be happy.

1. Someone to love

2. Something to do

and

3. Something to look forward to.

My #1

Closing prayer at the Memorial. 

"God, we believe that our loved ones 

are not lost to us, even in death.  

They are remembered in our activities, 

in our thoughts and in some decisions, we

consider what they would have said."

When I get too stressed out, I can still hear Pep

say, "Take a buspar, Jan and have a beer." 

(buspar is a mild anti anxiety pill my doctor prescribed).

I do and it always helps.  Remembering him always

helps.  He has left an indelible imprint in my heart and memory.  

As long as I live, he lives.  So grant me that promised peace

that goes beyond, even my understanding in days to come."

And on that note, I will go to my #2 which is always quilting.

On special today is a kit for the Bible Quilt.

We only have one so there may be some substitutions.



And since we only have one, we'll have to do a drawing for it.

 Make a comment below to enter the drawing and

on Monday we will number them and have Zoie blind pick a number.

If you want to buy a pattern for the quilt the pattern is on

special too.  If you win the drawing for the kit, we will refund

you the cost of the pattern.  

You can go to the store to buy a pattern by clicking here

Good luck - this is one of my favorite quilts and one I will always

treasure.

Now, have the best weekend with the people and the 
quilts that you love, and I'll see you Monday with a winner.

16 comments:

  1. It sounds like the service was beautiful, I am so sorry for your loss....my heart goes out to you! the quilt is lovely and you are very generous to offer such a wonderful quilt kit, I have been a great admirer of your designs for years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those 3 things are the best advice out there. Grief is hard as we all know. We all can get lost in it but those good memories have to carry us through the pain. Love your pattern and kit. God's peace to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lost my husband 2 years ago on April 9th after 57 years of marriage. Everything you say is true and it still often hurts so much. I moved to be near grandchildren and that helps tremendously. Your bible quilt is beautiful and just the kind of thing I like to do. I have made several quilts similar that I can take along to work on at sporting events and practices, music classes, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband. Your words were so sweet about him; you were truly a blessed woman.

    I have owned your Bible Quilt pattern for many years, set out time and time again to execute it, but get hung up on fabric choices every time. I would love to own the fabric kit---your choices--- I know I can trust.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My thoughts have been with you and I am wishing you strength.
    I have had the pattern for this quilt for some time and it is on my bucket list to make. I'd love to have the kit.
    Peace to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry for your loss of your husband. I will remember what you said and to have a #2 and #3. Grief is so difficult and prevent some from moving forward. Your plan is a blessing and peaceful. I recently saw the Bible Quilt at a quilt show. I had not forgotten it and I wondered who the designer was, and now I know. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like that prayer! It is so true. My husband just passed away about a month ago, so I am right there with you. I do love this quilt and would love to win it! I have done several of your quilts and always enjoy them! I had looked at that pattern recently and thought that I really need to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful thoughts to hold onto, sending you prayers for peace and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Jan, I am so happy you find your peace in your faith! Never will I forget you and Pep accepted me in your home like a family member when I came over for a visit some years ago. You both were one, and you still are and always will be!
    In about two years time I will retire and move away from the city I live. A little more further south to the country side. It is my goal to create a sewing group in the local protestant parish there and sew your Bible quilt and donate it to the church! That would be fun!
    Sending big hugs to you my friend, from across the pond, where absence makes my heart grow tender.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have always loved the Bible Quilt but have never made it. My prayers are with you in your time of loss. I am so sorry. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful quilt and generous offer and sentiment in your time of loss. Prayers to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful words of faith and wisdom in such a difficult time of loss. My prayers are with you and your family. What a blessing it would be to win the Bible Quilt Kit and make it in remembrance of my loved ones gone. Thank you for the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just lost my husband after years of battling prostate cancer. Quilting saved me. Thank God we have this engrossing, enjoyable hobby in common.
    Sharon M

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry for your loss. Your words of faith and showing the love you had for Pap. It would be a blessing to win the Bible Quilt Kit. To have the fabrics you had chosen for it. Thank you for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've always loved that quilt. Thank you for an opportunity to win. Hugs and prayers to you as you move forward, never forgetting your love.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hugs Jan. Sounds like the service was wonderful. All of your quilts are wonderful.Hard to pick just one. I just recently finished your Autumn Harvest quilt and am now working on your Cockscombs and Flowers. Next will be the Eagles and Roses. You have made needleturn applique fun and it is relaxing. btw we love you on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete