NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WE HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
janpatekquiltsinc@gmail.com.
Please send all emails to that address

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Setting up Day

At the beginning of the day the best thing for me to do was stay out of their way. Which I gladly did. I went in search of a cooler for my room. They have a refrigerator in the room but it has no freezer and no ice. I like ice. There's a supermarket close by but the one that would have something like a cooler was about a 20 minute walk away - so they said.



It was a beautiful day so I took off walking in the general direction of the store. You need to be careful where you walk. This is the general size of cars. A lot of places that seem to be sidewalks are really one way roads.


I thought this was awesome. A good ole Kansas windmill by the river in Nantes - two of them in fact.
I never did find the store - I'll just go to the front desk and get a big glass of ice whenever I need it.



When I got back to my "house" this table was sitting in it along with some awesome furniture and my quilts. I must say, it raised my eyebrows a bit. Carol is good but I wasn't sure how she was going to fit this in with my things :)





Walking around the booths I found a "not pink" booth and stopped to chat. Most people here speak some English.




This looks like a booth Cherie might like to visit - pink or not.




At the end of the day the welcoming booth was up and I found my chandelier and feathers. Looks much better here than at my place.












3 comments:

  1. Definitely a lot of pink, lol.
    It all looks wonderful though and looks like you will be having a lot of fun meeting new people from around the world.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan, I am loving the pictures and I wish I was there...sigh! Everything looks amazing and I hope you found your ice and are getting some sleep. Things here are great and I MISS you. Be good and come home safe! Jenny

    ReplyDelete