NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WE HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
janpatekquiltsinc@gmail.com.
Please send all emails to that address

Thursday, April 21, 2011

There just aren't enough hours in a day!

Since I'm leaving for France on Easter (not my idea, but we do what we have to do) we decided to have our Easter dinner and egg hunt on Palm Sunday instead. Michele (Max's significant other) had never seen or heard of a Lamb Cake before. Pep and I both lived back East when we were young and Easter wasn't Easter without a Lamb Cake. Michele and Zoie and I decorated the cake Pep and I made. The purple eyes were Zoie's idea but Michele liked them too. I had already vetoed red. :)


Dinner was a lot simpler this year. Usually we have the whole nine yards with ham, etc. This year Pep grilled a turkey he had brined and jerked. With lots of salads and deviled eggs we had a nice buffet that fit into Grandma's busy schedule.


Then out into the garden for the egg hunt. Unfortunately Brian was sick so their family couldn't come but I'm taking them little Easter Egg cakes on Friday, God willing and the creek don't rise.


Part of me is really excited about going to Nantes for the quilt show - and to sign my new books. I'm taking some kits and Max is setting up a laptop for me and I'm going to try to take pictures and blog.
And part of me is somewhat sad to leave my garden right now. Between the trip to France and then to Salt Lake City I'm going to miss a great deal of my spring flowers. Bluebells and bleeding hearts don't last that long.


Nor do the blossoms on the crabapple tree in the front yard.

But I have my Crabapple Farm pillow to remind me.
Better run, I need to get a quilt block or two ready for the plane. It's a 14 hour trip so I should have time to stitch a little :)

13 comments:

  1. I hadn't seen a lamb cake in years! Enjoy the show and France. You'll see lots of wonderful things to make up for missing your garden...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, hope you enjoy your trip over to my part of the World. I had a look how far Nantes is from us but it's too far for us to travel without staying overnight, and as we have two dogs (one now 18 years old) we won't be able to make it. So I look forward to seeing the show via your Blog. Have a safe journey over. Au Revoir!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being originally from Pennsylvania, I grew up with a lamb cake too, but have not kept the tradition.
    You lucky girl going to Nantes. Love it there. Actually anywhere in France. One of my favorite destinations.
    You might have already thought of this but in case you haven't...check your electrical adapter to make sure the three prong cord fits from your laptop.
    Last year I was all set to blog while we were in France and the cord wouldn't fit the adapter. $120 and two days later we found an Apple store to buy a European cord for my MacBook. Looking forward to your blog posts from Nantes. Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time! My sister and hubby are leaving on Friday for a month in France. They rented a flat and are going to just relax...hope she finds some fabric for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a nice day for your Easter party.
    I hope you have a wonderful trip and can't wait to hear about it, when you return home.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lamb cake is darling. I may have to learn how to make one. Have a wonderful trip. Hope you can blog from France.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your lamb cake reminded me of my childhood Easters and our lamb cakes. Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah,Lamb cake haven't seen one in years.Thanks for the memories. Travel safely. And I look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't worry about the bleeding hearts, Salt Lake City is having a very late spring due to all the rain and cooler than normal weather. My bleeding heart is just 12 in. high. Maybe you'll be able to enjoy some of the blooming while you're here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am looking for a Lamb Cake in Salt Lake City. Do you know where I can buy one?

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your quilts and patterns, AND BLUEBELLS in pic of flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm fall in love with what you do !!
    I hope to see you in Nantes but I'm not sure to go .So, hope!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for posting the photo of your Lamb cake. My mother used to make us one at our family get togethers- such good memories-- her's looked exactly like yours-- We all remember the year she traveled with the cake and it's head broke off- she fixed it with toothpicks. She's in the nursing home now, we no longer all get together, and I'm sad about it. Your photo gave me a good feeling with the old memories- it's so nice to see someone else keeps this tradition as well. Happy Easter and Quilting and, well, Happy Everything!

    ReplyDelete