NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WE HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
janpatekquiltsinc@gmail.com.
Please send all emails to that address

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

We're off to St. Louis and Quilt Market but first.....................

Lisa's star by Lisa Bongean


who is an absolute whiz at doing these teeny, tiny triangle squares.

To get her pattern for the block you need to go to her blog by clicking here.

I, on the other hand, am not an absolute whiz at doing these teeny, tiny triangle squares.
I love the way they look, especially when Lisa does them,  and I am really having fun with them but to me they are work unless I can do them the very old fashioned way with templates, yada, yada, yada. 

Applique is just plain fun.  
I've thought of offering a few alternate 6" applique blocks for the teeny triangle challenged but that might get a little complicated.  :)

Anyway, do have fun with this one.  Lisa's mantra is "no whining" so I probably need to stop.

Let's all go to the other designers and see how they've done with the block.


See you back here next week for the next block.

9 comments:

  1. I love that you have a go at the teeny tiny triangles no matter what, Jan. You're fearless and I love that about you. That said, who would say no to some extra applique blocks? Not me! Haha! Best wishes for a successful Market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David, I will talk to Carrie at Market about putting them on my blog. Don't know how to get the pattern to download.
      Appreciate you.

      Delete
  2. I want another applique block, too!!!!! Waaaaaaa!
    Save travels, Jan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your block! Personally I rather piece (even tiny blocks) then appliqué but an extra block is always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jan... I laughed out loud when I read your delightful post this morning!! Thank you for being "you!" I'm a new fan! I too am very intimidated by the tiny triangles... I may do a simplified version of Lisa's block... but maybe I'll "pull myself up by my bootstraps" and give it a go! If it's awful it can always be added to the pillowcase of fabric scraps to make shelter-dog pillows! Have a wonderful time at market!!
    Warmly, Pris from Idaho

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be sooooo cool to see an appliqué alternative block by you instead of my bumble fingers trying to work on the teeny ones but I am going to tackle this cute one of Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the arrows for their help in organizing your notes.
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete