NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WE HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
janpatekquiltsinc@gmail.com.
Please send all emails to that address

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Block #19 of Moda Blockheads

Night Flight
by Lynne of Kansas Trouble Quilters



And the question for today is
"Do you display your quilts in your home and if so, how?"

Well, of course - that's the primary reason I make them.

This is what you would see today if you walked in the door

"Flags of the American Revolution"




If you had come a couple of weeks ago you would have seen

"Lilac Hill"
 The wall in the foyer is where my big, not bed size, quilts hang.   The quilts change with the season.
My 20 year old grandson hangs them by climbing a ladder that leans over the steps.
We attach the quilts to a board painted the same color as the wall and hang the board on the wall.
We used to pin the quilts to the wall but that got old quick.


Then, if you go into the living room, there's my chair which always has a quilt on it
as well as the desk with the Tablestand quilt.


And of course, usually I'm working on something.


The couch has a "throw" sized quilt on the back as well as quilted pillows to match the season.
And my baby bulldog Elizabeth who is 7 months now and growing up quickly.


In the Master bedroom the quilt changes with the seasons also.
This is Homespun Stars and has never been released as a pattern.  Since the book it was in is out of print, I'm thinking of redoing it as a pattern.
Each star has a different season and it is huge.


And in the younger grandkids room (they come and stay every other weekend)


Midnight Clear is on the bed.
Here it was with the "Snow Guys sham".  
Now it just has the red pillowcases but I liked this picture better.

Anyway, yes, when you come to my house you know a quilter lives here :).  There will be different quilts as the seasons change but they will be there.

So, now back to Lynne's awesome block.
To download the pattern, go to her blog by clicking here.

And then lets go see what the other designers said about displaying their quilts and see what they did with Lynne's block.


Have a great week ladies and meet me back here next Wednesday for Week #20 of the Moda Blockheads BOW.

10 comments:

  1. I wondered how you make your flying geese? Your home is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do it with the Easy Corner triangles. It wastes a little fabric but they always come out well.
      And thanks.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your quilts in your home. YOU are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can you tell me where to get the midnight clear quilt pattern? Love that quilt! Thanks so much! Deb C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just go to my store (link in left hand column on blog) and do a search for Midnight Clear pattern. It should come up. Thanks for the kind words.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for showing the pictures of your quilts in your home. They are wonderful and I love seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love designing them and making them.

      Delete
  5. It looks like you had some fun time with the family and there is no way I would bungee jump, lol.

    ผลบอล

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love that you took the time to show us your home and quilts. I absolutely love Homespun Stars. I hope that you do decide to release it as a pattern.

    ReplyDelete