NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WE HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
janpatekquiltsinc@gmail.com.
Please send all emails to that address

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Moda Blockheads - Block #21

Flying Geese Variation 
by
Jo Morton


To get to Jo's Blog and download the pattern
click here.

The question for today is
"Do you put labels on your quilts?"
Mostly.
Definitely if they are going someplace without me - like to a trunk show, etc.
I try to get labels on all of the quilts before we leave for Market but sometimes time just gets away from me and they don't get labeled.  By the time we get home and are unpacking I'm usually on to something different - different fabric, different quilts - so they may not get a label put on.

Years ago Moda asked some of the designers to design some labels and they printed them.  I have a bolt of labels that I'm slowly going through.  
They come in very handy. :)  And my sandpaper board makes writing on them a breeze.


This is my quilt without a name.  It's the July Kit for my Wallhanging/Throw Club.
The quilt is 42" x 56".
We're getting close to the end of July and I still can't think of a name for it.

Sooooo................
I decided to  pull you all in on it again.

Come up with a name for me and put it in the comments either here or scroll down and put it in the comments for my post last Monday.  
We'll pick one and announce it next Monday-July 31st.  
It will still be July :)

To order one (and a sandpaper board if you need one) click here

Now, lets go see what the other designers had to say about labeling and what they did with Jo's block.

Lynne -

Have a great week ladies and meet me back here next Wednesday for Week #22 of the Moda Blockheads BOW. 


36 comments:

  1. I'd say "Home for the Holidays". It is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll suggest "Blessings Beyond" or "Beyond Blessed". To me, you've included the basic necessities of our Blessings...a great country, a roof over our heads, nature's bounty, man's best friend, and a treasured starry night sky. It says quite a lot in it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Autumn Moon" - the moon caught my eye, along with the pumpkins. I love it!! What a lovely quilt!! Warmly, Pris from Idaho

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Home on a star night' - sorry I'm not good at naming quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Homeward Bound....love your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that white pumpkin! How about "When the frost is on the Pumpkin"

    ReplyDelete
  7. In honor of the upcoming eclipse, and the flying geese....; I'd say, " headed home for an American(a) eclipse" or, "there's no place like home for an eclipse".
    Here in western nc we are at the center of it and are expecting 100,000+ people in our small town! So that's what I thought of when I saw the moon and geese and home and Americana .
    Hope you find a name you like, and I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps
      I remember the last one. It was around the bicentennial wasn't it? Or I could be wrong... but seeme I remember it in conjunction and always love America.... "home for the eclipse " (another possibility )is where I'll be !in my own back yard!

      Delete
  8. " American Pride" it has all the things that remind me of an American Home

    ReplyDelete
  9. I suggest "Heart of America" as the name for this new quilt. I love it! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. How about "Walking Home" or "Safely Home"!

    ReplyDelete
  11. True Americana would be a good name

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Harvest Home" would be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "From Summer Skies to Pumpkin Pies" sound like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Or "Late Summer Sky", or "Late Summer Evening Sky"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Flying geese around the corner
    would be my name for the quilt. May it be autumn soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Patriotic Pumpkins or Patriotic Pioneer.

    ReplyDelete
  17. "Harvest Stars" or "Autumn Starlight" or "Twinkle Twinkle Autumn Star" or "American Autumn"

    ReplyDelete
  18. My guesses for the contest are: My Americana Home, and Autumn Americana Home, and Headed Home for Fall, and Fall in the Heartland. It is a great pattern, having so many interesting parts to it. I guess I could go on and on. Very inspirational design.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My name for the contest is Stars and Stripes on a Moonlit Night

    ReplyDelete
  20. My suggestion is "Home Sweet Home"

    ReplyDelete
  21. How about Fall Is In the Air or American My Home.
    Thanks for the fun.. MaryLou

    ReplyDelete
  22. Suggested name -- October in the Country

    Love your work. I have a question. There is a quilt of yours in article in which you and your work are featured in the Sept/Oct 2012 Quilt Mania, p 46, that I love. It's a early one, before you had a fabric line. I'd love to have a pattern if one in available, but I don't see one on your website. Perhaps there was a pattern published in one of your earlier books? The quilt is pretty large, it is partially shown in front of a white cabinet. The quilt has various images: birds, bush, hearts in hands, vase, baskets, etc. Colors are an assortment of blues, some browns and tan, a lot of plaid and stripes. I'd send a photo but can't post attachments here. Can you advise if a pattern was printed and if one is available at your website?

    Thanks for all your incredible artistry!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How about Evening Journey. or Evening Adventure. The dog is headed home or down the road for an unknown journey and the geese are headed out on their own adventure .

    ReplyDelete
  24. sweet land of liberty.

    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. "Come Home When the Lights Are On." Didn't we all have return home when the neighbors' light came on? I did!

    ReplyDelete
  26. American Country is my daughter's suggestion.

    ผลบอล

    ReplyDelete
  27. Need To Increase Your ClickBank Banner Commissions And Traffic?

    Bannerizer makes it easy for you to promote ClickBank products using banners, simply go to Bannerizer, and get the banner codes for your chosen ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator Tool to promote all of the available ClickBank products.

    ReplyDelete