NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WE HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
janpatekquiltsinc@gmail.com.
Please send all emails to that address

Thursday, February 8, 2024

Happy Girl Gang Wednesday

On Thursday this week.

I'm going straight to the item on sale

because I want to look at something cheerful

and I love this quilt.


This is the "Feathered Star" BOM quilt that I gave to
Mark Dunn of Moda.  He said he wanted to buy one of my
quilts to remember me by.  Well, I don't sell my quilts,
they're mine, but I do give them to people I care about
so I gave him this one.  It's on display in a showroom at
Moda in Dallas if you ever get there.  Or now, with
this pattern you can make your own.
You can go to the store to buy the pattern by
clicking here.


This is a picture of Pep and I taken last year.
Sadly he is no longer with us.  He fell in our living 
room and in the process one of his lungs collapsed.   
We have Life Flight Eagle and got him quickly to
Research Hospital in Kansas City but after 2 weeks in 
Intensive Care, as I told his cat Dueces, he went to
heaven without us - but we will join him there later.

  Our daughter Kelly is living with me.  The boys 
want me to move to Liberty to be closer to them 
but Pep and I bought this land and built our house 
and loosing my home would be like
loosing him all over again.  So Right now I'm just 
taking one day at a time.   I have Tammy and Jeff 
who takes care of the land - I have my dogs and cats and 
chickens.  And of Course my quilts.

Now, have the best week with the people and the 
quilts that you love, and I'll see you next week.




 

5 comments:

  1. Please accept my deep sympathy. I remember how you wrote about sewing beside your Pep. May you find peace and comfort as you negotiate life without his physical presence. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's going, Jan. Such a sorrow. Being able to stay in your home will be such a blessing. Sweet memories will keep him close. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heartbreaking. So sorry for your loss. May your home, memories, and faith comfort you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan- I'm so very sorry to hear about Pep. As I read those words, they seem so very insignificant, but know that I'm thinking of you! I know you have many great memories and family to help you through this difficult time but know that your quilting community is with you too! Janet Nesbitt Buggy Barn/One Sister

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan, I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you at this time.

    ReplyDelete