NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WE HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
janpatekquiltsinc@gmail.com.
Please send all emails to that address

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dreaming of Dogwoods Sale and Back to the Drawing Board for the FF BOM for 2011

This is the Featured Fabric Quilt for 2011. The finished size will be 82" x 98. Usually, I make the Featured Fabric Quilt out of the line that is shipping to the stores in March. This year it's Lilac Hill. I had planned on doing at least the top two rows out of that line.
The best laid plans of Mice and Men (or women, in this case). When I went to order the fabric - it's gone - oversold by a lot. And apparently there aren't any plans to reorder. I understand, by the time it got here we'd be doing pumpkins - and pumpkins usually aren't lilac.



So I'm regrouping. This year the quilt (usually my only really big quilt) is going to be a BOM out of necessity. I have been shopping up at the Moda store and using some prints and my beloved homespuns, I am conjuring up an awesome (even if I do say so myself) quilt. The blocks will go out each month. Cost per block will be $22.50 - which includes shipping and handling in the contiguous US. I know that's pricey but fabric has gone up quite a bit. The border and sashing will ship together somewhere in the middle. I have to get enough of it done to make sure what I want.
You can preorder by calling (816-632-7632) or emailing Byron (janpatekquilts@yahoo.com). I'll only kit a limited number but we will have a waiting list in case some people from last year drop off.


The weather is warmish and the snow is almost gone. That means, however that the ground is soggy and muddy. And the day today is really grey. I suppose days like these make us really appreciate the spring weather that's ahead. I, for one, am ready for it now. Hearts are coming down and this quilt is going up in the back hall.
So we're having a "Dreaming of Dogwoods" sale starting today and ending next Tuesday. The kit for this little quilt is $34.95 for a week only. Grab one to lighten up you life and your psyche.





And don't forget it's Day 16 of Moda's Designer Pillow Talk Blog Hop. Sweetwater always has some awesome fabric and their theme today is Sweet a6 - clever, huh. Hop on over and see what they have in store for you.



4 comments:

  1. What a fun new BOM, lots of new mixed in with the older ones.
    I still need to finish my sea quilt.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love at first sight!
    I can imagine creating a redwork type quilt in colors just like you show the new FF BOM 2011 quilt (only smaller). Why don't you offer/create a pattern for us?!I'll be the first to make it!
    Thank you for all of your stunning creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The Lilac Hill line is sold out before it hits the stores? I'll be sure to order what I need/want the minute I see that it's available... do not want to miss it!!!

    ReplyDelete