NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WE HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
janpatekquiltsinc@gmail.com.
Please send all emails to that address

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sunflowers & Scarecrows - I'm ready!

Boy, howdy, am I ready for Fall!
We've had lots of fresh tomatoes - one of summer's great gifts. Bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches with real tomatoes, Burgers bacon and Pep's sourdough bread - I'm in heaven. Pep's summer pizza with his homemade crust, tomatoes, cheese, olive oil and anchovies - to die for. And don't turn your nose up at the anchovies. They just add a touch of rich saltiness to the mix. And then there's just plain ole sliced tomatoes on sandwiches or with dinner. God's gift in summer for putting up with the heat.


And awesome fresh sliced cucumbers, chilled straight from the garden (grown by me) with a dollop of hummus (made by Pep) and a twist of roasted red pepper or sundried tomato.

And still, I'm mostly sated (we're having summer pizza tonight :) - yum) and glad that we're getting some cooler weather already. Thank you, God!

This is Sunflowers and Scarecrows (or is it Scarecrows and Sunflowers?). Either way, it my project in the latest Primitive Quilts and Projects. You can order the kit from me here


or just get the pattern by going to their website and ordering a magazine here.
And there are 14 great projects in the magazine besides mine. Pretty good deal!


"Together" - Linda and my latest fabric line for Moda - is getting ready to ship. Be watching the blog for a free quilt pattern and some fabric - coming soon!.

Time for the dogs and I to go on our walk. Then I get to sit and stitch while Pep makes Summer Pizza. Life is good!

3 comments:

  1. I wish my tomatoes would ripen. We had too much rain come in, so hopefully the sun will be out the rest of the week and they can ripen. Have tons on the vine, so will be eating lots of fresh sauce, love that.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only had a few tomatoes this year, it's just been too hot for them I guess. I did enjoy the ones we had though. A few more are coming along, so there is something to look forward to. I think Pep should have his own blog full of his recipes. They sound delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a gardener here but a nice friend has been giving me tomatoes from her garden...yummy!
    The Sunflowers and Scarecrows is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete