NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WE HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
janpatekquiltsinc@gmail.com.
Please send all emails to that address

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

But July is REALLY CLOSE :)

The garden is ready.


But I get ahead of myself. 

On Monday the 17th, I got into my car and
drove to Dubuque, Iowa to give a
lecture to the ladies of the Cable Car
Quilt Guild, a thoroughly delightful group.


After the lecture I spent the night at the home
of Ruth Lyon.  And I sincerely owe her an
apology.  When I left the next day to drive home
I told her that I would call when I got here and 
I TOTALLY FORGOT.  :(
The drive took a little longer than I anticipated
After all Iowa is just right on top of Missouri.  
However you go straight up to DesMoines and
turn right.  The turn right is the tricky part.

Once back here I plunged straight in to
designing quilts for my latest fabric line 
Clover Meadow which I believe will start  
showing to shops in July.
I'm sure you can figure out the colors 
from the name and I must say, I love it.



Another thing I came back to was
chickens - lots of chickens.
These are 2 of my Buff Orpington hens with
Americauna/orpington cross chicks.



We've always bought baby chicks, not had them hatch.
It's so much more fun when they're with their
mothers. The yards have netting over them 
to keep them safe from  hawks.



This is the 1st brooder house they go into 
with the small feeders and waterers.

Usually it's hard to get the young ones into the
houses at night so I can close them up.
Not now - Mamas just cluck and they come running.
You have to come in when the street lights 
come on, you know.


These 3 are the latest hatched - Cochin/Americauna cross.

Our special this week is on the Patriotic page on the website.


15% off

Have a great week and a safe 4th.

Keep quilting.

2 comments:

  1. I was born and raised in Dubuque... have not been back for years. Glad you made it back home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was born and raised in Kansas City, MO and haven't been back for many years. Glad you made it back home finally. I really miss that area.

    ReplyDelete