NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WE HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
janpatekquiltsinc@gmail.com.
Please send all emails to that address

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Happy Blockheads 4, Block #5

Greek Cross
by Barbara Groves of
Me and My Sister.
You can go tp her
blog to 
download the pattern
by clicking here


My little garden on the deck is starting to grow.
If you look closely you can see the rows of baby bok choy 
that are starting to sprout.  Jake loves stir fry and 
Pep uses a lot of  bok choy in it so he decided to 
grow some this year.  I think there are a few
rows of lettuce in here too but they're not sprouting yet.


Outside the work of cleaning the garden has started.
all the dead plants need to be taken out of the beds
and the paths raked.


The weather is great for this - sunny and a
little chilly so I don't get too hot while raking.
Jeff always helps with the raking when my arthritis
starts being a problem.  No one ever said
getting older was easy.  Thanks Jeff.


Inside the little chicken house two of my banty hens
are nesting.  The red glow in the picture is from the
warming light.  The nights are still a little too chilly and
they need the warming lights.


Outside the house Sheran and her rooster keep watch.


 The yard around the little house is covered with wire due
to hawks but you can't be too careful when grandchildren
might be hatching.



The big garden is tilled and waiting until it 
gets a little warmer. - I can't wait:)

Our vintage book this week is Homespun Hearth. 
One of my favorite quilts in the book is
Friend's House


I can't decide whether I like it better with
the chimney or the star on the side of the house.

Anyway, our special this week is the
 kit for the Clover Meadow wallhanging.  


You can go to the store to get either the book
or the kit .... or both
by clicking here




No comments:

Post a Comment