NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WE HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
janpatekquiltsinc@gmail.com.
Please send all emails to that address

Monday, May 30, 2011

Hope you had a good Memorial Day

Yesterday, my sister Nancy and I went and put flowers on the graves of our Mom, Nancy's son Matthew and our sister Susan.


My dad's grave is too far away so I always put flowers on his memorial in the garden. Pep's brother Keith always takes care of his parents.
My grandson Brian asked today why so many people had flags out. I told him that Memorial Day started as "Decoration Day" - a day to honor the veterans who had died keeping out country free. We now have Veterans Day - a day to honor all of the people, alive or passed on who have served our country. So Memorial Day has become a day to honor not only them but all of the people that we loved who are further along on the journey.
A way to say thank you to our ancestors and our heritage.
Barbara Brackman has a really good history on her Civil War Blog. Thanks, Barbara.


You all are probably going to get really sick of pictures of Spike but, oh - well. Max was in Oklahoma this weekend at an event so Spike's cousin Nero came for a visit. Spike loves Nero and follows him everywhere. Nero is really very patient with the little guy. Maybe because even though he's a lot bigger, large dogs mature more slowly and he's still pretty much a puppy himself. They're really pretty funny together.


I'll announce the winner of the recipe cards tomorrow. Forgot Monday was Memorial Day.
Hope you had a good one.

4 comments:

  1. I don't get tired of pictures of Spike. Keep showing them. Love Spike and Nero together.
    Where was Wooly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures of Spike and Nero, they are so cute. I once had a mastiff and he was the best dog ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you wish you understood dog talk? I wonder what they were saying in the last picture where they were walking side by side...darling!

    ReplyDelete